All about Stugil tablet
Stugil tablet is manufactured by Ethnor Johnson and Johnson. Stugil is a combination of cinnarizine and domperidone which comes in a category of anti-histamine and anti-emetic drugs. It can use for the treatment of Meniere’s disease (inner ear disorder). The inner ear gets affected in Meniere’s disease, and there is the production of a spinning sensation or dizziness in the ear which is commonly known as vertigo. It also leads to ringing sounds in the ear and hearing problems. Let’s focus on Stugil uses and benefits.
Cinnarizine is anti-histaminic and can use for the blockage of calcium channels, inhibit the contraction of smooth muscles and relieve vertigo and improve microcirculation to the inner ear. Domperidone helps in blocking dopamine as dopamine releases the chemical that is responsible for feelings of nausea and vomiting. It also acts as a prokinetic agent. It works on the upper digestive tract and increases the movement of food through the stomach and intestine more quickly.
Uses and benefits
A very useful and rare kind of medicine. Let’s throw some light on Stugil uses and benefits.
Meniere’s disease can be treated with a Stugil tablet. It helps to prevent symptoms caused by vertigo or motion sickness like nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting, and the sensation of fullness. Vestibular disorders can cure by this tablet. It is orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) that provide quick relief from motion sickness due to rapid onset of action, ease in swallowing, and better compliance.
Dosage must be taken after consulting with a doctor. It can be different based on the disease, route of administration, patient’s age, and medical history. At the time of the overdose, it causes sleepiness, altered consciousness, irritation, and unusual muscle movements. If an overdose will occur immediately consult with the doctor.
Dryness in mouth
Pinkish skin with patches
How to manage side effects of Stugil
Nausea And Vomiting– Take this medicine just before and after meals. Stick to simple meals. Avoid eating oily or spicy foods.
Indigestion-Eat smaller meals but take them frequently. Exercise and eat regularly. Contact your doctor if the symptom does not improve.
Mode of action of Stugil
It has a combined action of cinnarizine and domperidone. Domperidone acts as anti emetic and helps to block dopamine and increases the contraction of the muscles of the GI tract. Cinnarizine acts as a sedative and prevents the constriction of blood vessels in the inner ear. It improves the microcirculation within the inner ear and blood flow.
It interacts with several medicines so, it can’t take with these. Otherwise, consult your doctor before taking it.
- Paracetamol (a medicine used to treat fever)
- Digoxin (a medicine used for heart failure)
- Aspirin (a medicine used to treat blood clots)
- Phenothiazines (for treating psychotic disorders)
- Diazepam (a medicine used to treat anxiety)
- Opioids Ex. codeine (a medicine used for severe pain)
- Suxamethonium (a medicine used in anesthesia)
- Antimuscarinic agents Ex. atropine (a medicine used to treat overactive bladder syndrome, bradycardia, etc.)
Citalopram, escitalopram ( for treatment of depression)
Alcohol may cause sleepiness and drowsiness while taken with a Stugil tablet.
Before taking the Stugil tablet, tell your doctor about all the diseases that you are suffering from.
If a person is suffering from any of the following diseases, you should not take Stugil unless your doctor advises you to do so –
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Drug Allergy
- Pregnancy-Stugil tablet is can’t be used by pregnant women as if it was recommended by a doctor.
- Breastfeeding-Stugil tablet can’t be recommended to breastfeeding women as it may pass from breast milk. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Driving -Don’t take Stugil tablet while driving due to this you may feel drowsiness or sleepiness.
- Allergy-Don’t take this tablet if you have an allergy to cinnarizine and domperidone.
- Heart diseases-If a person is suffering from heart diseases like heart failure, or heart rhythm disorder. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Stugil related warnings
1. What is the effect of the Stugil tablet on the kidney?
The kidney can affect by the Stugil. If a person can feel any discomfort due to Stugil.Consult with your doctor as soon as possible.
2. Is Stugil safe for pregnant women?
NO, firstly consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
3. What is the effect of the Stugil tablet on the liver?
It may cause adverse effects on the liver after taking Stugil. Must consult with your doctor. Take this medicine again if a doctor advises you to do so.
Directions for Use
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight. Store between 10°C to 25°C.
Summarizing Stugil uses and benefits, it comes in the category of an anti-histamine and anti-emetic made up of a combination of two drugs cinnarizine and domperidone. It is used for the treatment of Meniere’s disease (inner ear disorder). It helps to prevent symptoms caused by vertigo or motion sickness like nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting, and the sensation of fullness. Dosage must be taken after consulting with a doctor. There are many side effects after taking this medicine like dizziness, weight gain, arrhythmias, headache, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, etc. Swallow the Stugil tablet with water. Store in a cool and dry place.
- Tambawala, T. S., Shah, P. J., & Shah, S. A. (2015). Orally disintegrating tablets of cinnarizine and domperidone: a new arsenal for the management of motion sickness. J Pharm Sci Tech Mgmt, 1, 81-97. https://pharmacy.nmims.edu/docs/orally-disintegrating-article-09.pdf