Garlic Green Beans- perfectly healthy recipe
Are you planning to host a dinner party for your friends? Sautéed garlic green beans are a perfect side dish for your grilled chicken/tofu. The recipe is super simple and gets ready within 15 minutes. Let’s dive into this healthy garlic beans recipe.
Also read- What is a Bento box? – My Biology Dictionary
To begin with, the scientific name of the common bean is Phaseolus vulgaris L. The common bean is a member of the legume family, and its taxonomic hierarchy is:
Genus: Phaseolus L.
Species: Phaseolus vulgaris L.
Table of Contents
Why should you go for sautéed garlic green beans?
- Healthy– Beans provide protein, fibre, folate, iron, potassium and magnesium while containing little or no total fat. Beans are high in natural antioxidants. Green beans contain no cholesterol. Moreover, this dish uses steamed green beans making it even healthier.
- Easy to cook– This side dish gets ready in 15 minutes.
- Flavour– Garlic adds a sharp buttery flavour to the dish. Moreover, the crunchiness of peanuts and sesame seeds is a perfect add-on.
- Simple ingredients– You can pick things from scratch to make this recipe.
- Extra virgin olive oil– It has the perfect flavour and is the least processed one.
- Garlic– Garlic is the star of the show for this recipe and is perfect when used in the minced form.
- Roasted peanuts-Rich in protein, fat, and fibre, roasted peanuts have a great smokey flavour. They cling to the beans.
- White Sesame seeds– Rich in manganese and calcium, they can be added to increase crunchiness.
- Green Beans– Finely diced and steamed green beans are perfect sources of protein.
- Soy sauce– Adding soy sauce gives beans a great caramelized colour.
- Salt and pepper- Added for taste.
Quantity of ingredients
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3-4 cloves of minced garlic
1 tbsp roasted peanuts
1 tsp white sesame seeds
1.5 cup green beans (steamed)
1 tsp soy sauce
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Serves: 2 (side dish)
Watch the full recipe video over here- https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LPLRHoV4lkM
- Dice the green beans into small pieces (shape as per choice), and put them in a glass bowl with a lid. Steam cook the beans in the microwave for 7-10 mins.
- In a pan take 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and let it heat for a minute.
- Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic to the pan and let it sauté.
- Add 1 tbsp roasted peanuts to the pan. Don’t cook for too long as these are already roasted.
- Add 1 tsp white sesame seeds with constant stirring.
- Finally, add the steam-cooked green beans (1.5 cup) to the pan. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 tsp soy sauce uniformly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
DONE! Perfect green color!
To conclude, you can also store these beans after cooking in the refrigerator, however, it can lead to a change in colour. So, it’s better to consume fresh. It is also used as a snack meal for those who are on diet. Hope you all loved the basic garlic beans recipe, please let us know your comments below.
Thanks for reading!